วันอาทิตย์ที่ 23 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2552

jennie m melham memorial medical center

jennie m melham memorial medical center
Yes, there is a difference between Alcoholism Treatment Centers, and a recovery program. Personally, I have by the inpatient treatment on three different occasions, so that these experiences are from my own point of view some. Different treatment centers using different techniques and concepts, so what I share is from my own experience. It is also important to mention that every time something from a different experience for me, but it will be for a later article. For now, I will remain the differences between them as I treatment centers and programs.

Treatment Centers
Treatment centers are facilities, inpatient rehabilitation programs and / or Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP). The purpose of these facilities is to make the alcoholic deal with the immediate emotional and physical problems that arise when the cessation of consumption of alcohol. The direct benefits of alcoholism treatment centers is the enormous support of the patients in the reception. If the patient has consumed large quantities of alcohol for an extended period of time, a process of detoxification is usually necessary. Often this is done in a separate institution, such as a detox center, better equipped and staffed to the severe physical and / or medical side effects of detoxification. Although many treatment centers have the staff and are qualified to decontaminate the patient on the same equipment.

Treatment Centers, where the alcoholic, and well on the aspects of the disease of alcoholism. In general, patients of lectures and courses throughout the day, not only about the physical and medical aspects of the disease, but the big emotional issues. In addition to the classes and lectures, small group meetings are usually held to the patient a chance to adapt to the group of therapy. One-on-one counseling (between certified consultant and patient) is most commonly done either on a daily basis as well or as much time as adviser to the schedule allowed. When researching a treatment center, it may be a good idea to inquire about the patient to consultants ration. In my experience, I was able, with a personal adviser at least three times per week and more if necessary.

The length remained in inpatient treatment centers in different, often depending on the insurance coverage. The most common is 28 days and may be a few days to several years. There are other programs as an IOP or Intensive Out-Patient Program. This is not required in-patient accommodation and usually consists of lectures and group therapy three to four times per week.

There are those who are in recovery have achieved long-term sobriety without treatment center. A common saying heard about recovery "treatment is a great place for discovery, Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) is a place for recreation. "" Moreover, there are those who feel the treatment centers are only to raise money from the information and techniques, patients can be free from AA. With this said, I personally am grateful for the treatment centers. In my experience, they are helpful when you start on learning about the disease of alcoholism and the tools needed to build a long-term recovery program. However, a long-term sobriety and a happy life and happy, an alcoholic must be some kind of ongoing recovery program, what we have in the next.

Recovery Program
A strong recovery program consists of a continuous process, if received, will cause the alcohol to a productive, joyful and happy life. And above all, sober! In my experience, AA is the only program that the recovery has for me. Abstinence is not recovery. Not in my opinion. Just because I quit drinking, all my problems do not go away. Many times they are worse. Because they say that you feel better when you stop to drink. Yes, you feel everything better, including fear, anger, anger, sadness, etc.. A saying often heard to recovery "" sober, a horse thief, and you still have a horse thief. "" It is necessary to deal with the underlying factors that are to drink. This is where a 12-step program comes into play.

Most people are using the twelve-step program of Alcoholics Anonymous. The program is designed to develop the alcoholic a spiritual life, ego deflation, with their past, continue into the future, and is regarded as a model for life on the basis of a set of spiritual principles. From the book, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions "," AA's Twelve Steps are a group of principles, spiritual in nature, which, if practiced as a way of life, may the obsession to drink and the happy end to suffering and very useful. "" For me, this was the case.

Before any alcoholic can recover, they must first admit that they need assistance and move from denial. One of the things that kept me in denial for so long, I do not think I have an emotional problem. I drank because I believe it, I had nothing better to do, or it was fun. But someday it will be fun to stop, even though I am to convince otherwise. It was not until I actually worked on a recovery program, I recognize there were things, emotional things I had to work. I accepted the fact I needed help, and from that moment on I was in the recovery. Today I have to include in the solution and not the problem.

To learn more about alcoholism treatment, check-out, on alcoholism treatment. There you will find all topics alcoholism.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 
Free Blogger Templates